Friday 15 April 2016

Words & Paintery: March 2016



I found a really nice and fun challenge at Words & Paintery where they celebrate the word of Marilyn Monroe. We were supposed to use pink and red colors and that color scheme really speaks to me at the moment. I wanted to create a soft, delicate, fragile and stunning card. Just like Marilyn Monroe! I really like the softness of my card.

I started by stamping and embossing the image on the backside of watercolor paper, since it was the smoothest side. Then I painted the image with distress inks to achieve a watercolor look. I cut some sentences from coffee filter sheets which I glued down with a texture gel with glass beads. I started to like the extra dimension that it gave so I added some crackle paint and some diamond dust as well. Finally, I dyed some flowers with the ink and attached them with brads in copper. I really love copper at the moment and think it gave the card that little extra.
The card looks frosty, it crackles and shines like a diamond. That reminds me of Marilyn Monroe as well! I wish the photos did do the card justice.





 


MATERIAL:
STAMP:
Hero Arts - S5262 Delicate Branches
INK:
Embossing Stamp Pad - Tsukineko
Embossing powder: Seafoam White - Papermania
Distress Ink Refill - spun sugar, worn lipstick, barn door
Distress Crackle paint - Rock candy
OTHER:
Coffee filter sheets - Christy Tomlinsson - Pink Paislee
Liquitex - Glass beads - texture Gel
Diamond Dust - Floracraft
Flower - YouDo
Brads - Reprint

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write something! I'd love to hear from you!