Saturday, 31 August 2013

12 tags of 2013 - August

I'm late as always. And Tim's right as always! Frayed burlap and pumice stone really went well together and I really liked the vintage feel to it. He also writes on his blog that stamps are by far one of the most versatile creative tools and with this masking technique I sure have to agree! I haven't masked a lot before because I have been too lazy. But it sure makes the trick!
As Always, Tim used stuff I don't have, for example the mask sheet from idea-ology. I used a scrap piece of paper to stamp on and then a temporary repositional adhesive. And since his metal embellishments are rather expensive in Sweden I made my own metal tags by stamping into UTEE. I love this color, platinum, since it looks like metal. I have been using this UTEE a lot before, but I think I'll use it even more now when I know I can make fake metal tags with it! ; )
This wasn't the last time I used frayed burlap and pumice stone together!
The masks positioned on the tag and the inked background stamp
My take on the August tag
And as usual, I made a few!
The one at the bottom is my new bookmark.  

Stampers Anonymous: Boundless Flight, French Market
My Mind's Eye: Lost & Found: Item #LF1067
Distress Stains: frayed burlap, pumice stone
Distress Ink Pad: walnut stain
Distress Markers: barn door, mustard seed, faded jeans
StazOn: Jet Black
Embossing ink
Crafter's companion: Stick & Spray
Epiphany Craft Tool
Suze Weinberg's UTEE: platinum

Thursday, 1 August 2013

Reach for the stars!

As always, I get a lot of leftovers when I'm creating. I liked the sentiment I used for the July tag challenge and wanted to use it for something different.

The red stars from yesterday were painted over with Distress Paints to make them more yellow. I added some micro beads to the stars to make them really shiny and to make them pop out.  I arranged the stamps on the acrylic block and inked them up with three different shades of yellow, used the second impression after misting the stamp with some water. Typed the sentiment on my old typewriter and cut out the words and glued them to the card. Voilà! A batch of cards suitable for many occations!

Seven cards made in less than 1 hour!


Distress Stains - mustard seed, (barn door, fired brick)
Distress Paints - mustard seed, wild honey
Distress Ink Pad - walnut stain, mustard seed, squeezed lemonade, scattered straw
Autumn Leaves - flourishes v:1
Sizzix - 38-0241 Star
Crackle Accents
DecoArt - Weathered Wood - Crackling Medium (used it as a top coat)
Micro beads
My old typewriter!