Thursday, 1 August 2013

Reach for the stars!

As always, I get a lot of leftovers when I'm creating. I liked the sentiment I used for the July tag challenge and wanted to use it for something different.

The red stars from yesterday were painted over with Distress Paints to make them more yellow. I added some micro beads to the stars to make them really shiny and to make them pop out.  I arranged the stamps on the acrylic block and inked them up with three different shades of yellow, used the second impression after misting the stamp with some water. Typed the sentiment on my old typewriter and cut out the words and glued them to the card. Voilà! A batch of cards suitable for many occations!

Seven cards made in less than 1 hour!


Distress Stains - mustard seed, (barn door, fired brick)
Distress Paints - mustard seed, wild honey
Distress Ink Pad - walnut stain, mustard seed, squeezed lemonade, scattered straw
Autumn Leaves - flourishes v:1
Sizzix - 38-0241 Star
Crackle Accents
DecoArt - Weathered Wood - Crackling Medium (used it as a top coat)
Micro beads
My old typewriter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write something! I'd love to hear from you!