Friday 29 April 2016

Paper Smooches: April challenge



I found this fun challenge over at Paper Smooches blog. The challenge was to create something black/white with a pop of color.
I knew straight away that I wanted a repeated pattern and flowers. Something CAS and something looking a bit like from the 50's.
This is a card I made for a collegue who retired yesterday. She indeed has colored my corridor at work!

I also wanted to incorporate micro beads with the embossing powder. However it was not very easy! I planned to cover the whole flower with micro beads, I think about 20 of them got stucked! I think I got a nice texture anyway.

I started by repeat stamping a  leaf from Paper Smooches in black, then I added the small flowers from the same stamp set.
I embossed a stamped flower multiple times and tried to add the micro beads. Even though my plan didn't succeed I'm quite pleased with the outcome. I cut the flower out and also some leaves. I also cut out the sentiment. I didn't know where to put it so I ended up tucking it inside the flower at one side, which got very nice!
I needed to frame the card with something so I decided to sew a frame. My sewing machine decided to mess with me so the nice frame I had in mind didn't get that nice and straight! And to add to the more wild and creative look that the card took, I added some Baker's Twine underneath the sentiment.



MATERIAL:
STAMPS:
Paper Smooches: botanicals 2, word salad (find them here!)
Simon Says Stamp: petal pieces
INK:
Emboss - Tsukineko
Distress Embossing Powder: shabby shutters
Stampendous: PEARLustre Rubellite
OTHER:
Micro Beads
Sewing machine
Baker's Twine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write something! I'd love to hear from you!