Sunday 27 March 2016

12 tags of 2016 - march


http://timholtz.com/12-tags-of-2016-march/


I haven't been very creative lately. My dad has been ill since the end of last year and had a relapse one month ago. My cat has also been ill, we have to give her medicine (pills) twice a day for the rest of her life and it is a struggle. It. Is. A. Struggle. Many, many, MANY other small, annoying things have also happened. It seems like my life is a downward spiral at the moment. I am exhausted. I am really, really tired. But the only way is up!
Today I felt the urge to make something pretty and came across Tim's 12 tags of 2016 on Instagram. What could be a better way to get the creative juices flowing than trying out his techniques?? It was good therapy spending the afternoon with him!

I used the bunny die that I bought after I fell in love with it after Tim used it on 12 tags of 2013 - march. It is the first time I use it actually! Still haven't made that tag from 2013!
I haven't bought the Distress Crayons yet, they are sold out everywhere here in Sweden. I want them so badly! I chose between using my Gelatos or my Neocolors II, and  chose the Gelatos since you were supposed to smudge the color to blend it. It worked fine. Still going to get the Distress Crayons, though! ;-)



Love these bright colors and the book pages!


My finished tag!

Got a little help (?) from my cat! ;-)

Close up




MATERIAL:
DIES:
Tim Holtz: Mini Bunny & Bow Set (657486)
Waffle Flower: Doily Circle
INK & PAINT
Distress Ink: ground espresso
Distress Ink Spray: ground espresso, tarnished brass, picket fence
Gelatos: grape, tangerine, bubble gum, pistaccio, cotton candy
OTHER:
Gel medium
Gesso
Sepia Accents - Ranger
Linen Robbin - Artemio
Metal charms from PY Hobby
Yarn from Panduro
Rhinestones from Dollarstore
Copper foil

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write something! I'd love to hear from you!