Sunday 12 January 2014

Life Book 2014 - week 1


The first week with Life Book 2014 has been just awesome! The first lession was by Tamara Laporte and we were to create our Inner Artist Guardian after a meditation. I knew that my Inner Artist Guardian was going to give me a color (I wanted it to be purple, orange and white) and a word (I wanted it to be 'accept') for this year to come. Nothing much happened during the meditation but just after the color petrol and the word 'heal' came to me. In order to heal I have to accept so I used both words.

I enjoyed the building of this painting in different layers. It has showed me that the first layer doesn't have to be perfect, it is something that I can adjust later in the process.
I had so much fun creating my Guardian Angel! I have been thinking of the song Guardian Angel by Nino de Angelo during the whole process. Oh, how  I used to love this song! And how I used to love Nino de Angelo! ;-)
Really, really good first lession!


My Inner Artist Guardian!

Close-up
Starting with the background
Some shading and some collage
First layer of the face

The first sketch


MATERIAL:
Watercolor paper - Moulin du Coq 325 g/m²
Pencils, different kinds
Neocolor II - Salmon, Salmon pink, Azurite Blue, Malachite Green
Distress Paints - Chipped Sapphire, Seedless Preserve, Moved Lawn

(to the face a mix of Wild Honey, Victorian Velvet, Antique Linen and some white acrylic)
Gelatos - Metallic Mint
Gesso, white
Mod Podge

Posca - white, black
Gel pen, white
Liquitex - Light Molding Paste
Diams - Vernis scintillant
Distress Ink - Black Soot
Stencil - TCW325s - Mini Swirl Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write something! I'd love to hear from you!