Friday 29 March 2013

Happy Easter!

This easter we managed to get invited to Easter dinners/lunches three days out of four! I wanted to bring a little something and thought of buying orchids since they are appreciated in my family. But when I went to the flower shop I changed my mind. I decided to try to cut the cost down at a minimum but still make something pretty. Daffodils are Easter! Roughly counted I saved about 90 %! And I had so much fun making the pots and I think they were more apprieciated than the orchids as well!

I dressed old coffee tins up in designer paper, added some raffia, a metal embellishment and a tag. The metal embellishment is antique bronze so I painted it silver to match the tin. The sentiment inside the metal embellishment is a computer print-out. I accidentally happend to write 'Some bunny loves me', instead of you, and I didn't notice it until the next morning when I was about to finish the pot. I did not want to seem narcissistic so I had to print out another set of words!! ; )



 

MATERIAL:
STAMPS:
ORC-137 from Betrakhta (bunny)
French market: Stampers Anonymous
INKS:
Distress Ink Pad: shabby shutters
Distress Marker: shabby shutter, spun sugar
Distress Stains: shabby shutters, brushed pewter
Distress Stickles: spun sugar, picket fence
Alcohol Ink: Pearl
Grey and pink chalk
OTHER:
Designer paper from Panduro
Metal embellishment from PY Hobby
Manilla tag
Raffia
3D Crystal Glaze
Micro beads


No comments:

Post a Comment

Write something! I'd love to hear from you!