Thursday 26 January 2012

Scandinavian vintage


A few weeks ago I won a blog candy (Thank you Lilla jag!) and amongst all the lovely things was a stamp from Magnolia. I knew straight away that I wanted the song title by Bruno Mars as the sentiment. My husband has always been the athletic one of the two of us, but last year I started working out and he did absolutely nothing even though he had a membership at the local gym. And he wasn't completely ok with that! So everytime I heard this song I teased him by saying "Oh, I heard this song at the gym!". It was hilarious!

I'm not a huge fan of the Scandinavian vintage style but I decided to have a go at it. I have to admit that it's actually very fun to color the Magnolia stamps. I used Distress Inks and just one color. I tried not to make it too cute as the wall hanging is meant for my husbands home office just as a reminder of this lovely song! ;-)  And that he has got an athletic wife!! ;-)

On the panel I used my favourite stamp from Hero Arts (S5213), clear embossed it and added Distress Inks (Antique Linen & Tea Dye). The three hearts is another Hero Art stamp (A2126) which I embossed with Cloisonné (Blue Moon) and cut out. I think the name of the Magnolia stamp is Chasing Edwin. The doily is a Magnolia die. And I do hope that my husband appreciate this litte gift of mine! 'Cuz I really would catch a grenade for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write something! I'd love to hear from you!