Friday 24 June 2016

With love

With love

When I saw the photo inspiration in the June challenge at Waffle flower I just knew that I had to play along. I love that summery palette of colors. I even found Copics in the exactly right colors (later I changed to distress colors because I didn't get the look that I wanted).

Berry71bleu also have a mood board in their June challenge with lovely soft, summery colors. The photos in both challenges are exactly the style that I want in my home. The photos makes me happy and full of life, and sooo creative!

I'm also very much into flowers at the moment. It might be the season! We are having a lovely weather here in Sweden and everything is so beautiful right now. Sometimes I just go outside, sit down on the porch and just look at the garden and the greenery and just sigh with happiness! I love this season!
I have a stamp set with flowers which I just got and like very much, but I don't know the brand of it. I think it's of a cheaper brand, but it's very pretty anyway. I decided to use that one and I went for a soft look and a quite CAS card. As I mentioned, I started out with my Copics but I didn't get the look that I wanted, so after a lot of trial and error I moved on to my distress colors. I white embossed the image on watercolor paper and then I painted the flower with Distress Markers. I also gave the background a wash to make the flower pop out a bit. I painted with Wink of Stella around the flower and added some sequins. Finally I die cut the sentiment and white embossed that as well.

Photo inspiration of Waffle Flower

Mood board of Berry71bleu

Close-up

MATERIAL:
STAMP:
Unknown
DIE:
Waffle Flower - 310021 With Love
Crea-Nest-Lies - CLNestXXL 36
COLOR:
Tsukineko - Emboss
Embossing powder - Reprint - White
Distress Markers - Evergreen bough, Bundled Sage, Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet, Shabby Shutters
Distress Pad: Evergreen Bough, Shabby Shutters
Wink of Stella - Gl. Clear 999
OTHER:
Sequins

7 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card! Thanks for joining us at the Waffle Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helt enkelt ljuvligt kort! Och perfekt tolkning av moodboarden. Kul att du hakat på vår utmaning hos Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So soft, sweet and gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at Waffle Flower Crafts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely watercolor washes!! Thanks for playing at the Waffle Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo beautiful and soft! ;-) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So tender and beautiful!!! Thank you joining us at Waffle Flower!

    ReplyDelete

Write something! I'd love to hear from you!