Thursday, 31 October 2013

12 tags of 2013 - October

This was really a fun challenge! First, we don't celebrate Halloween in Sweden (unless you have kids. The American tradition has been embraced by retailers who want to increase their income and the new generation is the target). We celebrate All Saints Eve and light candles in the cemetery and think of our friends and family that has passed away. It's a quiet and quite sad celebration so it was actually kind of fun to make something halloweenie!
Second, I had to improvise since I don't have any Distress Glitter. I don't even think it has become popular here yet. I tried the different glitters that I had and found that Sepia Accents with sprinkled glitter on top and then to seal the glitter another layer of Sepia Accents worked best. In this way I was able to ink the edges. I still think that I have to try a jar of Distress Glitter when I come across one! ; )

I knew that I wanted pumpkins and leaves on my tag and I wanted to have an autumnal feel to it. And then to give it a more halloweenie feel I added the spooky trees. I wanted to use two stencils that I haven't tried yet and it got really messy. I wasted almost half the bottle of the black soot Distress Paint. All came at once when I squeezed the bottle and I accidentally unscrew the dabber and it fell on the table. The background on the tags with trees are made with Distress Stains and then Distress Paint over the stencil. The colorful tags are made with Tim's Distress Paint marbling technique, the same he used on his tag. This technique wasn't easy and I have to try this a bit more.

Here's what I tried and the solution to the right worked the best.

The tags before they were assembled. I didn't have any of Tim's mirrored
 stars, but I found some others in my stash! Really happy about them!

The tags after they were assembled. The leftovers are going to be
Halloween cards to some friends with kids that celebrate Halloween

...and 'the chosen one'! The leaves are sprayed with various
glimmer mists and then I inked the edges.
Distress Stain: gathered twigs, frayed burlap, ripe persimon, dried marigold
Distress Paint: black soot, antique linen, peeled paint, spiced marmelade, seedless preserve
Distress Ink Pad: black soot, rusty hinge, ripe persimon
Sepia Accents
Distress Crackle Paint: rock candy
Various glimmer mists
Sizzix die (leaf)
Pumpkin cut by hand
Glitter from Panduro
TCW252s Aspen Trees
TCW208s Mini Branches

A black Sharpei (a cheep Sharpie!!)
Mirrored stars from Tiimari
Ribbon from flea market

1 comment:

  1. Snygga täägs :) Funderade med på att göra någon halloween täg men känns ganska onödigt att göra det, men det känns som att det är bland det lättaste inom scrapp att göra på nå vis :P

    Kramar Kewa :)


Write something! I'd love to hear from you!