Monday 18 June 2012

The Bandana Technique (try no 2)

Yep! I liked this colorful technique! I just had to make another batch of cards! This time I knew which stamps to use, which one I was making the card for and I also had all the material so the cards were made in an afternoon.

I bought this awesome set of stamps by Stampers Anonymous a long time ago because my best friend V (and I!) loves popcorn! I was so happy to finally find some use for them!

I accidentally used some other Distress Inks for these backgrounds. I prefer the lighter colors in my previous post but I think these go with the movie theme quite well. I also did the cards the other way around this time since I wanted the popcorn to be yellow - I stamped and masked the images first and then blended the Distress Inks where I wanted them. I added some highlight to the popcorn with the Distress Markers and on the card for my best friend I highlighted the numbers 4 and 1 since she just turned 41. Unfortunately the stamp doesn't have the number 0 on it, otherwise it would have been a good stamp for the even birthdays. This time I also distressed the edges with black ink, I forgot it on my first try!








A close up of the highlighted numbers in my best friend's card.


My cat Curry on the vernissage on the bathroom floor!!



MATERIAL
STAMPS:
Stampers Anonymous (At the Movies CMS081)
OTHER:
Distress Inks: Fired Brick, Mustard Seed, Dusty Concord
Distress Markers: Picket Fence, Antique Linen
Stickles: Black Diamond
3D Diamond Glaze
Transparent small beads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write something! I'd love to hear from you!